Texas law provides for a range of classifications for felony offenses. The least serious type of felony is a State Jail Felony and the most serious type of felony is a Capital Felony. The classification system for felony crimes in Texas provides for the following penalties:
- State Jail Felony – A State Jail Felony is punishable by 180 days to two years in state jail and up to a $10,000.00 fine.
- 3rd Degree Felony – A Third Degree Felony is punishable by 2-10 years in prison and up to a $10,000.00 fine.
- 2nd Degree Felony – A Second Degree Felony is punishable by 2-20 years in prison and up to a $10,000.00 fine.
- 1st Degree Felony – A First Degree Felony is punishable by 5-99 years or life in prison and up to a $10,000.00 fine.
- Capital Felony – A Capital felony is punishable by death or life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Attorney for Felony Crimes in San Antonio, TX
Don Flanary represents clients facing serious felony charges in San Antonio, TX, and throughout Bexar County. Call to find out more about outstanding felony warrants and extradition warrants for a fugitive of justice living outside of Texas.
Before you agree to a felony pre-trial diversion program, call us to find out more about the consequences this might have on your career. The adverse consequences of agreeing to a pre-trial diversion program are particularly pronounced for professionals in law enforcement, the military, the legal profession, and the health-care profession.
Call (210) 319-4385 today for a free and confidential consultation.
Types of Felony Crimes in Texas
Serious felony offenses are usually classified into one or more of the following categories:
- Drug Crimes
- Marijuana Offenses
- Sexually Motivated Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Theft Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Criminal Traffic Offenses
- Weapon / Firearm Crimes
- Violation of Probation
Felony Criminal Trial Division in Bexar County – Visit the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office to learn more about the Criminal Trial Division. Prosecutors in this division prosecute felony cases filed by law enforcement agencies in Bexar County.
Felony Criminal Defense Attorney in Bexar County, TX
If you are charged with a serious felony offense then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at Flanary Law Firm, PLLC. With offices in San Antonio, TX, Don Flanary represents clients throughout the greater San Antonio area. Don Flanary also represents clients charged with a variety of misdemeanor crimes.
Call for a free and confidential consultation to discuss the unique facts of your case. Find out more about the felony charge pending against you, the possible penalties associated with that offense, and important defenses that can help you fight the charges.
Call (210) 319-4385 today.
This article was last updated on Tuesday, January 3, 2016.
Questions About Your Case?
Call Us: (210) 319-4385
Visit Our Office1005 S Alamo St
San Antonio, TX 78210
1005 S Alamo St
San Antonio, TX 78210
219 E Del Mar Suite 2
Laredo, TX 78041
PHONE: (210) 319-4385
FAX: (210) 738-9426