Amanda Inez Hernandez
Amanda I. Hernandez is a criminal defense lawyer based out of San Antonio, Texas. She currently works as an Associate at the Flanary Law Firm, PLLC, and has jury trial experience with misdemeanor, felony, and federal cases. Amanda has been practicing alongside Donald H. Flanary, III., since her time as a law clerk at Goldstein, Goldstein, & Hilley.
Amanda currently serves as a board member for the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association (TCDLA) and the San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (SACDLA). She is also on the board of directors for the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TCADP).
Amanda is a zealous advocate and has been recognized by her peers as a “2018 Top Criminal Defense Lawyer” in SA Scene Magazine and was nominated SACDLA’s “2019 Young Lawyer of the Year.” She is also a 2017 graduate of the Tim Evans Trial College, an intensive program run by TCLDA in which new lawyers learn trial strategy from some of the best criminal attorneys in Texas.
Amanda earned her degree from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 2011 and went on to attend St. Mary’s University School of Law, graduating in May 2016. After graduation, Don Flanary started the Flanary Law Firm, PLLC, and quickly promoted her from being his long-time law clerk to the first associate attorney in his practice, where she remains today.
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (Board Member)
- Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (Board of Directors)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Goldstein, Goldstein & Hilley, San Antonio, Texas – Law Clerk (2015 – 2016)
- Law Office of Adam T. Froeschl, San Antonio, Texas – Legal Assistant (2012 – 2013)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D.
- Honors: External Advocacy Mock Trial Team (2014 – 2015)
- Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Finalist (2016)
- Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Best Speaker Overall (2016)
- Honors: STARS Scholarship Recipient (2013 – 2015)
- Honors: Judge Lee H. Lytton, Jr., Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- St. Mary’s Dean’s Law General Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- Study Abroad program, St. Mary’s Institute on China Law and Business, Beihang University, Beijing, China (June 2014)
- University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, B.B.A.
- Major: International Business with a Concentration in International Relations
- Honors: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship Recipient
Was really in a difficult situation Mr. Flannery and Amanda Hernandez came to the rescue, all my cases have been dropped/dismissed and I couldn’t be happier if you find yourself needing a lawyer I would definitely come back to them again.
Amazing, Awesome, Seasoned, Professional, Highly Skilled and Caring. That’s what Don Flanary and his law firm associates are and more. I found the Flanary Law Firm while searching for legal help for my son. At the time my family was distraught …
Without going into too much detail about what I was being accused of, my case was a life changing one. I was being accused of one of the worst things human being can be accused of. I did a ton of research on top attorneys in San Antonio and wha…
”My fiancé and I had never needed a lawyer before and we knew we needed someone with experience and who was familiar with our local courts. We interviewed with your typical overly-advertised law firms, but we didn’t feel like we were being take…
I highly recommend Donald H. Flanary to anyone who needs help with a legal matter. Mr. Flanary and his team worked hard on my behalf and achieved the best possible result in my case. His knowledge and ability within the courtroom are excellent
Contact Flanary Law Firm, PLLC
Submit your information to request your free, confidential case evaluation. Our office will contact you as soon as possible to arrange for you to discuss the facts of your case with an experienced criminal defense attorney in San Antonio, Texas.
*By submitting the form, you are requesting a free and confidential consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss the specific facts of your case. We will evaluate your unique situation and provide you with valuable information about how an attorney may be able to help you. Please do not provide any confidential or time-sensitive information using this online contact form. If your situation is urgent, please call us at 210-880-3931. We look forward to hearing from you.