Amanda Inez Hernandez
Amanda Hernandez is a criminal defense attorney licensed to practice in Texas. After graduating from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 2011, she worked as a legal assistant for a year and fell in love with the practice of law. She decided to attend St. Mary’s University School of Law and graduated in May of 2016.
During her time at St. Mary’s, Amanda was accepted onto the External Advocacy Mock Trial Team where she learned the basics of what it means to be a trial lawyer and how to effectively prepare a case. She also worked for the nationally renowned law firm of Goldstein, Goldstein & Hilley as a law clerk. She assisted with the defense of a wide variety of the firm’s criminal cases both at the state and federal level. There, Amanda learned how to tackle a criminal case from the ground up and became familiar with every stage of the process.
When Donald H. Flanary, III., decided to leave Goldstein, Goldstein & Hilley to start the Flanary Law Firm in the fall of 2016, he quickly promoted Amanda from being his long-time law clerk to being the first associate attorney in his practice.
Amanda practices criminal defense because she feels it is the best way to help people in her community. She understands that being charged with a criminal offense can be a scary and confusing process, and truly wishes to help people move past those hard times. Amanda believes in the importance of treating people with respect and caring about them as people, not just as clients. Whether it is a minor or serious charge, Amanda will do all that she can to help you understand the process and get the best possible outcome for your case.
- Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D.
- Honors: External Advocacy Mock Trial Team (2014 – 2015)
- Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Finalist (2016)
- Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Best Speaker Overall (2016)
- Honors: STARS Scholarship Recipient (2013 – 2015)
- Honors: Judge Lee H. Lytton, Jr., Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- Mary’s Dean’s Law General Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- Study Abroad program, St. Mary’s Institute on China Law and Business, Beihang University, Beijing, China (June 2014)
- University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, B.B.A.
- Major: International Business with a Concentration in International Relations
- Honors: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship Recipient
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Goldstein, Goldstien & Hilley, San Antonio, Texas – Law Clerk (2015 – 2016)
- Law Office of Adam T. Froeschl, San Antonio, Texas – Legal Assistant (2012 – 2013)