Amanda Inez Hernandez
Amanda I. Hernandez is a criminal defense lawyer based out of San Antonio, Texas. She currently works as an Associate at the Flanary Law Firm, PLLC, and has jury trial experience with misdemeanor, felony, and federal cases. Amanda has been practicing alongside Donald H. Flanary, III., since her time as a law clerk at Goldstein, Goldstein, & Hilley.
Amanda currently serves as a board member for the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association (TCDLA) and the San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (SACDLA). She is also on the board of directors for the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TCADP).
Amanda is a zealous advocate and has been recognized by her peers as a “2018 Top Criminal Defense Lawyer” in SA Scene Magazine and was nominated SACDLA’s “2019 Young Lawyer of the Year.” She is also a 2017 graduate of the Tim Evans Trial College, an intensive program run by TCLDA in which new lawyers learn trial strategy from some of the best criminal attorneys in Texas.
Amanda earned her degree from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 2011 and went on to attend St. Mary’s University School of Law, graduating in May of 2016. After graduation, Don Flanary started the Flanary Law Firm, PLLC, and quickly promoted her from being his long-time law clerk to the first associate attorney in his practice, where she remains today.
· Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
· San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (Board Member)
· Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (Board of Directors)
· Texas Young Lawyers Association
· San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions:
· Goldstein, Goldstien & Hilley, San Antonio, Texas – Law Clerk (2015 – 2016)
· Law Office of Adam T. Froeschl, San Antonio, Texas – Legal Assistant (2012 – 2013)
· St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D.
· Honors: External Advocacy Mock Trial Team (2014 – 2015)
· Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Finalist (2016)
· Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Best Speaker Overall (2016)
· Honors: STARS Scholarship Recipient (2013 – 2015)
· Honors: Judge Lee H. Lytton, Jr., Scholarship Recipient (2013)
· St. Mary’s Dean’s Law General Scholarship Recipient (2013)
· Study Abroad program, St. Mary’s Institute on China Law and Business, Beihang University, Beijing, China (June 2014)
· University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, B.B.A.
· Major: International Business with a Concentration in International Relations
· Honors: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship Recipient
Questions About Your Case?
Call Us: (210) 319-4385
Visit Our Office214 E Ashby Pl
San Antonio, TX 78212
214 E Ashby Pl
San Antonio, TX 78212
219 E Del Mar Suite 2
Laredo, TX 78041
PHONE: (210) 319-4385
FAX: (210) 728-3438
Monday – Sunday
Open 24 Hours