Amanda Inez Hernandez
Amanda I. Hernandez is an Associate Attorney at Flanary Law Firm, PLLC. She has jury trial experience with misdemeanor, felony, and federal cases, and has been practicing alongside Donald H. Flanary, III., since her time as a law clerk at Goldstein, Goldstein, & Hilley.
Amanda currently serves as a board member for the San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (SACDLA) and joined the board of directors for the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TCADP) in May of 2019.
She is a zealous fighter in and out of court and has already been recognized by her peers as a “2018 Top Criminal Defense Lawyer” in SA Scene Magazine and SACDLA’s “2019 Young Lawyer of the Year.” She is also a 2017 graduate of the renowned Tim Evans Trial College, an intensive program run by the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association (TCDLA) in which new lawyers learn trial strategy from some of the best criminal attorneys in Texas.
Amanda earned her degree from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 2011 and went on to attend St. Mary’s University School of Law, graduating in May of 2016. During her time at St. Mary’s, she was accepted onto the Mock Trial Team where she learned the basics of what it means to be a trial lawyer. She also clerked for the renowned criminal defense firm Goldstein, Goldstein & Hilley, where she was taught how to effectively prepare a case. After she graduated in 2016 and Donald H. Flanary, III., started the Flanary Law Firm, PLLC, he quickly promoted her from being his long-time law clerk to the first associate attorney in his practice, where she remains today. When she’s not working, she spends her (limited) free time competing on a San Antonio Sports and Social League sand volleyball team.
Amanda practices criminal defense because she feels it is the best way to help people in her community. She understands that being charged with a criminal offense can be a scary, confusing process and is grateful for the opportunity to help people move past those hard times. She believes in the importance of treating people with respect and caring about them as people, not just as clients. Whether it is a minor or serious charge, Amanda will do all that she can to help you understand the process and get the best possible outcome for your case.
· Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
· San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (Board Member)
· Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (Board of Directors)
· Texas Young Lawyers Association
· San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions:
· Goldstein, Goldstien & Hilley, San Antonio, Texas – Law Clerk (2015 – 2016)
· Law Office of Adam T. Froeschl, San Antonio, Texas – Legal Assistant (2012 – 2013)
· St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D.
· Honors: External Advocacy Mock Trial Team (2014 – 2015)
· Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Finalist (2016)
· Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Best Speaker Overall (2016)
· Honors: STARS Scholarship Recipient (2013 – 2015)
· Honors: Judge Lee H. Lytton, Jr., Scholarship Recipient (2013)
· St. Mary’s Dean’s Law General Scholarship Recipient (2013)
· Study Abroad program, St. Mary’s Institute on China Law and Business, Beihang University, Beijing, China (June 2014)
· University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, B.B.A.
· Major: International Business with a Concentration in International Relations
· Honors: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship Recipient
Questions About Your Case?
Call Us: (210) 319-4385
Visit Our Office214 E Ashby Pl
San Antonio, TX 78212
214 E Ashby Pl
San Antonio, TX 78212
219 E Del Mar Suite 2
Laredo, TX 78041
PHONE: (210) 319-4385
FAX: (210) 738-9426