Amanda Inez Hernandez
Amanda I. Hernandez is an Associate Attorney at Flanary Law Firm, PLLC. She has jury trial experience with misdemeanor, felony, and federal cases, and has been practicing alongside Donald H. Flanary, III., since her time as a law clerk at Goldstein, Goldstein, & Hilley.
Amanda fell in love with criminal defense as a clerk and law student because she saw how she could use her knowledge to protect people from a justice system that can sometimes seem like David versus Goliath. She is a zealous fighter in and out of court and has already been recognized by her peers as a “2018 Rising Star Lawyer” and “2018 Top Criminal Defense Lawyer” in SA Scene Magazine.
Amanda also believes in furthering her legal education and bettering the practice of criminal law statewide through active participation with the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association (TCDLA) and the San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (SACDLA). As well, she is a 2017 graduate of the renowned Tim Evans Trial College, an intensive program run by TCDLA in which new lawyers learn trial strategy from some of the best criminal attorneys in Texas.
Amanda’s trial experience dates back to law school at St. Mary’s University School of Law, during which she competed on the St. Mary’s External Advocacy Mock Trial Team. The team is notorious among law students for being a grueling addition to an already heavy load of classes—the team demanded late hours practically every day of the week. For her efforts, Amanda was named Best Speaker Overall at the 2016 Internal St. Mary’s Law School Mock Trial Competition.
Before law school, Amanda received her Bachelor of Arts in Business Management from the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). She spends her (limited) free time competing on a San Antonio Sports and Social League sand volleyball team.
- Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D.
- Honors: External Advocacy Mock Trial Team (2014 – 2015)
- Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Finalist (2016)
- Honors: St. Mary’s Renna and Jeff Embry Mock Trial Competition Best Speaker Overall (2016)
- Honors: STARS Scholarship Recipient (2013 – 2015)
- Honors: Judge Lee H. Lytton, Jr., Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- Mary’s Dean’s Law General Scholarship Recipient (2013)
- Study Abroad program, St. Mary’s Institute on China Law and Business, Beihang University, Beijing, China (June 2014)
- University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, B.B.A.
- Major: International Business with a Concentration in International Relations
- Honors: Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship Recipient
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Goldstein, Goldstien & Hilley, San Antonio, Texas – Law Clerk (2015 – 2016)
- Law Office of Adam T. Froeschl, San Antonio, Texas – Legal Assistant (2012 – 2013)
Questions About Your Case?
Call Us: (210) 319-4385
Visit Our Office1005 S Alamo St
San Antonio, TX 78210
1005 S Alamo St
San Antonio, TX 78210
219 E Del Mar Suite 2
Laredo, TX 78041
PHONE: (210) 319-4385
FAX: (210) 738-9426